Tuesday 28 December 2010

Caring for your skin

I've already said this many times: It's WINTER! And over here it's a freakin' damn cold winter! That means dry skin, for most people. I'm partly one of those people: the skin on my body is dry and on my face it's still greasy. 

When your skin is dry you have to put body lotion or body butter on. If you're feeling lazy and think: "Well, I'm too lazy to do that." I'll tell you something that has happened to me because I didn't put body lotion on.

After summer holidays I thought. I want to get rid of this tanned colour (yeah, I'm one of those believers that fairer skin is more beautiful), my mother told me that if you put body lotion on that your tan will actually stay better and part of me could believe that story because previous years I kept putting body lotion on, I thought it'd be better for my skin since I suffered from eczema in the past (look, I'm not perfect ;)). But now I still have my tanned colour from like more than 2 years ago! I won't say that putting body lotion on will really keep your tanned skin intact, but it does prevent your skin from completely, let's say, peeling off. 

So I didn't put body lotion on for a very long time. But then winter came, it became colder... and colder... And my skin on my lower leg really BURST. I'm being serious here, it actually burst. You could see the blood in the burst lines (OK, this sounds gross but it didn't look that bad as it may sound) Does this experience of me make you put body lotion/body butter on every evening before going to bed? I hope so...

Bursting is actually the worst-case scenario, I think (I actually dunno x'D)? But before that it could also start itching, a sign, a scream for help, your skin wants food or simply said body lotion or body butter! Knowing me, I start scratching and there I have rash on my legs/arms/back/side/tummy wherever it's dry. Does this experience of me want you to put body lotion or body butter on before going to bed?

(skin boost :D)


At the moment I'm using Garnier Skin Naturals: Bodyrepair. It says that it'll help against the dry and rough skin. Well, my experience. It kinda work, basic lotion. Only thing is, I'm allergic to it, exception are my under legs... *Sigh* I have a sensitive skin...


So I can't use that body lotion on my skin. Instead I use a cream I got from the pharmacy. I've already had it for a very long time (also used in the time I had eczema). It's good, my skin isn't itchy anymore after I've completely rubbed it on myself. 

It's almost New Year and it's time for thinking of new resolutions again. One of them will most likely be: "Put body lotion on every night before going to bed." Even though I told all those experiences you'd think that I rub myself with body lotion every night. Problem is: Laziness... Hehe, after a hard day at school I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep. Take a shower, brush my teeth, wash face and so on (I'm not lazy enough to skip that part) and I'm in bed (I'm actually such a hypocrite) Should fix these habits...

So, let's get rubbing(?) lol. Keep your skin healthy and prevent it from bursting and itching like (hell) on my under legs...

Nyoro~n

These pictures were not taken by me and belong to their rightful owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...