Thursday 27 January 2011

The Body Shop Pure Detox mask Review

I know, I'm bad at reviews >.< but still I want to help you guys. So this time a review on The Body Shop Pure Detox Clarifying Clay Mask.

picture isn't from me ;)

It contains: Wasabi, algae and Dead-Sea mud. They promise to give your skin feeling fresh and looking radiant...

This mask isn't specifically for you face, you can also use it for you body. When you apply it your face feels warm, probably because of the wasabi :3. It doesn't smell bad but I won't say that I love the smell,,, it's just normal smell, not annoying or so.

Directions: Apply to wet skin. Smooth over body, mask warms on application, then rinse after 15 minutes. Maximise results by wrapping treated area in plastic body wrap. With moisturising Community Trade marula oil. If product gets in eyes rins with clean water. 


IMG_2254
Apologies for my "stoned" face... must've been tired
Here I've cleansed my face and it's ready for mask appliance ;) See the damn pimples...? Yeah,, they suck

IMG_2260

Applied it all over my face, as you can see I'm so super photogenic... *cough* *cough* also more apologies because I didn't feel like editing the pictures,, looks a bit too bright here >.<

IMG_2262

And a clean face again...

Results...? My pimples aren't gone and I must say I still have lots of them left... maybe they're just too annoying. What I did feel was that my skin was pretty soft and fluffy. The first time I removed the mask my face was burning like hell! I didn't like it that much... but after a few times I kinda got used to it, now I see it as a kinda burning feeling, but it's not bad or so xd.

I always thought clay masks would dry up "hard" (you know, as if you can't move your face anymore) But this one doesn't! (good if you don't like that feeling) unfortunately for me, when it doesn't dry up that hard I feel like it doesn't purify and cleanse (pull out those ugly black heads) as good.

I did once use it for a spot treatment, and the next day my pimple had pus coming out... (ok this sounds gross!) I think it was kinda good, but I haven't tried it for a 2nd time so I'm not sure if the mask did that.

Be careful if you have sensitive skin! I did have a slightly red skin after removing the mask (maybe it was due to the "heat") I also saw in the ingredients that it contains Silicon (mask contains Dimethicone) so if you want to avoid silicons I advise you to avoid this. For me, it doesn't matter, because in this case it didn't break me out or anything so...

Overall, I think the mask is nice and especially in winter because it feels nice and warm. Afterwards your skin feels soft, but unfortunately it doesn't really help against those blemishes =( which is a bummer. But I won't buy this a second time because it's not as deep cleansing as I thought/hoped it would be.

xx

So I updated it a bit, since I'm getting more views now and the previous sucked very bad. Hope it has improved a bit >_<"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...